Get exclusive birthday decoration ideas at home only on stylotips.
What is a birthday room decoration and celebration?
Birthdays are a once-a-year event that came in the life of every human being until his last breath. All people are owed to the day and wish to celebrate it in a unique style. Birthday decoration ideas at home are something that set the mood just right for that special day.
Birthday decorations ideas at home
Besides cake, it is important to know that good food blooms the plan of parties. For children, musical games, for adults drinking juices and for elder people remembering the old past times are the things to be discussed at birthdays.
Birthday decoration items for a basic indoor event includes
- Balloon decoration for birthdays
- Party themes
- Delicious sweets and many more
Essentials for birthday decoration at home
For decorating a home for a birthday event, one needs to buy a few essential things keeping in mind certain factors like
- Party theme
- Home décor
- Space available
- Gathering of persons
- Birthday decoration ideas
- Birthday person’s age
- Budget and many more
Nowadays, birthday decoration material can either be bought online or can be sourced from local stores that sell fancy decoration accessories. If you are of a creative mind, you can surely make some colorful birthday decorations at home.
Necessary birthday decoration items for such events include
- Foil curtains
- Party poppers
- Poster’s cut-outs
- Ready-made photo booths as per design and theme
- Honeycomb paper balls
- Party hats
- Scent flowers
- Bunting’s lights and many more
Birthday party themes
The right theme is selected depending on the age of the birthday’s host person. Themes may be quite simple, two-color coding or three décor items. Birthday decoration at home however can be done according to age number like
- Barbie or Unicorn for girls and boys less than 5 years respectively
- Marvel characters, minions, and Arabian nights for age less than 8 years
- Bollywood items, Harry potter and game of thrones for age less than 12 years
Once the theme is decided, the very next step for birthday decoration ideas is to decide what to use. These include decoration material, poppers, lights, etc. accordingly. Cake styles and other desserts are also designed based on the birthday party theme.
Balloon decoration for birthdays is another value addition at the event. It makes the event unique as these are extraordinary get-togethers that make moments joyous.
Some of the great themes that work wonders for kids’ birthday parties are
- Marvel theme birthday party decoration
Nowadays, children love a Marvel-themed party. Apparently, it seems like too much work but in reality, it is quite easier to decorate. It is all about birthday decoration material, ordering superhero cakes and colors that go with characters.
- Unicorn birthday decoration ideas
It is the most famous theme among young girls due to bright colors, pastel shades, and goodness of unicorn that brings smile on the face of kids. It can become more attractive by using tissue pom poms and adding a blast of balloons
- Rainbow birthday decoration ideas at home
It is termed as a winner among all themes as it includes colorful balloons and rainbow snacks. It also makes use of streamers having a rainbow-colored and flavored cake. Rainbow-colored bags are easy and perfect to make. Also, they work great as a happy birthday decoration.
Lighting for birthday decoration at home
Colorful lights not only heighten the overall atmosphere but also sets the mood. Lightening effects range from savvy lantern fairy lights to smart mood disco lights. Still, many other lighting options can be availed for birthday room decoration.
Some of the ways that are effective for decoration and can be used for lighting are:
- Hanging lanterns on the corner of walls
- Keeping bulbs on the tables
- Adding a glowing touch by using small white or multicolored light strings
- Around curtains, balconies, plants glittering fairy lights can be hanged
- Setting weave strands of lights throughout floral centerpieces
Table decoration for birthday party
The table is one of the main central areas of a birthday party where all people collect around for the cake cutting ceremony. So, it must be apparently dressed up and very well-decorated. It should be positioned in the center of the room/hall so everyone can join and capture the whole moment.
The table is considered one of the most necessary parts of birthday decoration items. It can be placed in several ways having a variety of decoration pieces on it like:
- Adding different types of beautiful tables covers to enhance its beauty
- Putting a few plates of salads, cookies, and mithais placed on it
- Does not overpower the table with crockery
- The table cloth must be theme based
- Colored glassware and sparkling dinnerware are perfect for table’s birthday decoration at home
- Adding ice cubes, edible flowers, or carved fruits, and many more
All these considerations add a wow factor to your overall birthday party decor.
Birthday Party Decorations
It is a moment and event in life that is remembered for a long time in memory. If you want to add some decorations to your home to make sure everyone is happy in your celebration, then you must try to make sure that your birthday party decorations are fascinating and attractive enough.
Some of the eye-catching birthday party decoration ideas are as follows:
- Simple birthday decoration ideas with a ‘happy birthday banner
Birthday banners have always been a focal point at these events. These are all available in a variety of materials, from paper to fabric and in myriad shapes and sizes. Designs are present with various cartoon characters for kids, in multi-color, double color, or even with battery-operated LED string lights.
Birthday banners and display sheets are usually hung above the entrance or on the wall behind the food table, for it to be noticed foremost and displaying the party theme.
- Birthday decoration at home with balloons
Balloon decoration for birthdays comes in plenty of colors, sizes, shapes, letters, and materials. These may be helium-filled or air-filled balloons. A few of them have LED light inside to act as glow and glitter balloons
Moreover, balloons are often liked by kids specially printed balloons, self-inflated metallic foil balloons, or self-standing cartoon character balloons. Furthermore, a host may opt to use the balloons to make decors like an arch or a column walkway.
- Floral birthday decoration ideas at home
Vibrant colors and fresh flowers cheer up the room with their enchanting textures. Adding greenery and flowers to the party rooms gives an organic and green touch for all to admire
There is plenty of choice of colors and flowers so birthday boy or girl may opt either for single shades or use different flowers with funky accessories, for attractive birthday decoration at home
- Streamers for birthday party decoration
For best birthday decoration ideas, party streamers can be draped in various styles. It makes a huge impact and elevates the home décor. Glitter and paper streamers are top choices to add value to the decoration.
These should be matched with color themes or other variety of complementary shades that anyone can opt for include marigold, tuberose, mogra, and many more. These are mostly placed on ceilings, walls, and windows.
- Grand entry decoration for home birthday party
The main gate or door presents the first view to every visitor. That is why the home entrance should be decorated in style and deck it up according to a specific theme. The main entrance sets the expectations for the birthday room decoration.
Therefore, it should not be so overloaded; it should be subtle without obstructing the movement at the door. Putting two flower vases is enough on both sides of a door or some vases outline the door’s entrance and pathway leading to the birthday area.
Tips for birthday decoration at home
Organizing an event isn’t so tough nowadays due to online facilitation through the digital market. There are so many delivering apps and websites that can provide birthday decoration material at reasonable rates and timely.
Some useful advises and acts before organizing a birthday party at home are as follows:
- Clean the house thoroughly before starting decorations
- Furniture should be set in such a way that guests can move easily
- Arrange some fresh cut flowers and blooms all around the house
- Bring outdoor plotted plants inside as these add life to any party
- Decoration should be at a level that meets the eye easily so remember the height element
- Colorful curtains along with fairy lights should be added all around the house to add an extra sparkle to the décor
- Birthday decoration ideas should be easy to implement and understand
- A specific corner should be selected in the living room that brightens up with lights
- Satin ribbons and glittering streams should be used for describing birthday decorations ideas at home
- Balcony (if the house has) should be transformed with proper lights, seating, and few stools to keep the drinks and food.
- Candles should be well covered and kept at a safe height for the sake of children’s safety
- Deflated balloons and cupcake toppers are hazardous birthday decoration items so be careful about these
- The host should arrange soft napkins, a fragrant reed diffuser or air freshener, a bunch of fresh flowers to keep the atmosphere full of scent
- Keep a dustbin in the room so that it is easier for guests to spot and discard waste
- At the end of the party, remove and store extra and durable birthday decoration items respectively
- If any cake or food is leftover, don’t waste it. Give it to the poor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to decor the room without damaging the wall?
The manager of the birthday party should use poster tape which is double-sided tape. It is useful as it will not leave a mark on the wall. A variety of adhesive hooks are also in the market so if you intend to hang any item, do it a couple of hours before the party time.
Q: What are the advantages of foil balloons?
These balloons can last for five to six days easily unlike standard latex balloons. These come in a huge range of shapes including hearts, giant letters, numbers, stars, and many more. However, these are a little bit expensive compared to simple ones.
Q: What should be done first; Cake cutting or serving food?
Normal practice is to first cut the cake and then serve guests with pieces of cake and other food items.
Q: What should be put inside the balloons?
Balloon decoration for birthday should contain candies, sharpeners, fancy hair clips, lollipops, tiny teddy bears, and many more.