How to straighten your hair yourself? Straight hair gives an elegant appearance. The problem is that many devices and hair straighteners can be harmful to your hair. Fortunately, there are other methods of straightening hair without using heat or chemicals.
You might not get the straight look of a straightener, but you will have healthier, straighter, and fuller hair. Here are some tips for straightening hair naturally.
1. Brush the hair to straighten it
The very first thing to do on your hair to hope for natural straightening is to brush it.
Here’s how to achieve this hair straightening and brushing technique:
- After shampooing and applying the right treatment to your hair, brush your hair at 5 minute intervals while it is still damp.
- Hold each section of hair with the brush for a few seconds, to gently straighten it.
- Repeat until your hair is completely dry.
2. Natural hair straightening with coconut milk
Did you know that certain ingredients and natural products can actually be used as a natural relaxer? Well yes, here is a homemade recipe for a natural hair straightening made from coconut milk.
The ingredients necessary for this natural straightening:
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- the juice of a whole lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
And now the steps to make this recipe:
- Dissolve the cornstarch completely in the lemon juice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot, stirring constantly and heat over medium heat until a fairly thick creamy consistency is achieved.
- Let cool just enough not to burn yourself and apply the hair straightening mask all over your hair.
- Cover your hair with a bathing cap and a warm towel.
- Leave on for 1 to 2 hours before shampooing and rinsing the hair completely.
3. Straighten your hair naturally with coconut oil
In addition to giving strength and shine to your hair, coconut oil will have a smoothing effect. Here’s how to use coconut oil on her curly hair:
- Apply coconut oil to the entire length of your hair.
- Then wrap your hair in a towel and leave to act for about 1 hour.
- Shampoo and air dry your hair.
4. A homemade recipe for straightening hair
Here is an all natural homemade recipe to help you straighten your hair naturally:
- 1 cup of honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Mix well and simmer the honey, olive oil, milk and coconut oil in a small pot, until the mixture has thickened. Let cool just enough not to burn yourself, and apply all over your hair. Cover your hair with a bathing cap and leave on for 3 hours. Finally, shampoo and rinse well.
5. Natural straightening for frizzy hair
Do you have frizzy hair that is difficult to straighten or at least difficult to straighten? Well, to carry out a natural straightening on frizzy hair, you can do a treatment with sweet almond oil.
Here are the steps to make this grandmother’s recipe a success:
- Lightly heat almond oil (enough to cover all of your hair).
- Apply the oil to the entire length of your hair and cover with a towel.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then comb your hair with a brush.
- Cover them again with the towel and leave to act this time for 30 minutes.
- Finally, remove the towel and gently comb your hair again.
6. A homemade hair straightening mask
If you have slightly frizzy or curly hair, this next homemade mask recipe is the solution. You can use it against frizz or just to straighten the hair.
So to straighten your hair while strengthening it and giving it shine, bring together these 2 ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
Here are the steps to do and apply this mask to your hair:
- Beat the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes and add the olive oil.
- Mix the 2 ingredients well and apply the mask to the hair, from root to tip.
- Comb your hair carefully with a wide tooth comb.
- Cover your hair with a bathing cap and leave on for 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair, rinse thoroughly and allow it to dry to finish.
7. Homemade smoothing and straightening mask
This grandmother’s recipe for straightening hair requires only a few ingredients that will be found in our pantry:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
Here is how to achieve this natural relaxer:
- Mix the ingredients well and apply all over your hair.
- Cover your hair with a bathing cap and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then rinse thoroughly and shampoo to complete the trick.
7. Hair straightening with Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera really contains a lot of properties and benefits for the health and beauty of women and men. But did you know that this plant can help in the beauty of the hair?
To use this plant as a relaxer and natural treatment:
- Add some heated olive oil to a half cup of aloe gel.
- Apply the mask to your hair, cover it with a bathing cap and leave on for 2 hours.
- Rinse the hair well afterwards and shampoo to finish the treatment.
9. How to straighten your hair with rollers?
We tend to think that heated or conventional rollers are there to achieve beautiful curls but we can also use them to straighten or at least tame frizzy hair.
Indeed, by using very large rollers it is quite possible to help straighten very tight curls and frizz. Here is how to do it:
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo, and give it an appropriate treatment (depending on your hair type).
- Then, working with 5-centimeter strands, lay the rollers at the base of the strand and wrap the tip up.
- Set the roller about 2 inches from the skull and allow the hair to dry.
- Remove the rollers, comb and style your hair.
10. Straighten your hair with a kardoune
The kardoune is a ribbon that wraps the hair and is therefore a great solution for straightening hair naturally.
Kardoune originates from Algeria, but it is also used in other Maghreb countries. Here’s how to do this technique, which can also be done using nylon stockings or tights:
- Start by combing your hair well, making sure it is completely detangled.
- Tie your hair into a low ponytail, but not too tight.
- Starting at the base, wrap the kardoune to the ends, strong but not too tight, as this will leave a mark.
- Once you have wrapped your ponytail, tie a knot by joining the ends (you can also use a rubber band)
- Keep the kardoune on overnight and the next morning your hair will be much smoother.