What is kewra water?
Pandean flowers and leaves are a very common ingredient that is used in South Asian countries. The extract attained as a result of the extraction and purification of Pandean flowers is kewra water. Similar to rose water, kewra water is a transparent liquid.
Kewra Water Ingredients
Kewra water is a mixture of multiple items that are utilized during its distillation process. Some of those include:
- Acidity regulator
- Dispensing agent
- Benzoic aroma
This water is too rich in the course of nutrients. That is the main reason that most people believe in it and use it without any hesitation. Some nutritional facts of this water per 100ml are
- Energy – 228kcal
- Carbohydrates – 17g
- Sugar – 0g
- Protein – 1.3mg
- Fats – 0.7mg
- Fiber – 3.5g
- Vitamin C – 5mg
- Beta-carotene 19-19000 micrograms
- Water 80g and many more
How to make it at home?
It is a streamlined process that initially contains the distillation of several pandanus flowers. Then after distillation and purification, it yields a sweet smell of essential oil that is further diluted into a thin liquid called kewra.
Furthermore, due to terpenoid and other elements, it holds a lovely odor that is pretty similar to rosewater but with subtle fruity notes. That is the main reason that this water is a popular ingredient in many items like
- Aromatherapy tinctures, etc.
Characteristic Features of Kewra water
- Kewra water has excellent antioxidant properties.
- It is also a good flavoring agent.
- This water is too good for skin, as it helps in getting bright, glowing, soft, and healthy skin.
- It also acts as a good cleanser.
- It is crystal clear and has no added colors.
- A nice fruity floral scent makes it unique from others.
- Like rosewater or jasmine water, it is pleasant to use.
Uses of Kewra Water
Kewra water has a number of regular uses. Some of those are listed below:
- Used to flavor meats
- Used to sweeten drinks and sherbet
- particularly used in rice dishes for a highly aromatic scent.
- It is also widely used as a health drink
- Can be sprinkled over different dishes just before serving
- A perfect accompaniment to cooking
- Rasgullas, ras malai can be dipped or soaked in it
- For biryani, just add a few drops sprinkled
- For making Kulfi, a few drops are added in milk for attaining a thickness
- Commonly used to flavor puddings and baked goods
- Ice-cream and Rubri also include it
Kewra Water Benefits
The water has many more advantages than other scent-adding products. Its demand has increased for the past few years because of little or no side effects. Some of the major benefits of it include:
- Adds up the flavor and taste in sweets
- Effective to treat different health problems including
- It improves blood flows
- It normalizes and regulates heartbeats
- Prevents infection in intestine, stomach, and urinary bladder
- By inducing sweating, it controls body temperature effectively
- A pleasant and soothing aroma comforts the user
- Water helps in relaxing the body by reducing stress levels
You might also be interested in reading: Dove Intensive Cream Reviews
Health Benefits of Kewra water
Besides the skin, Kewra water is efficiently beneficial for several health issues also. It is best for people of all ages without any restrictions. Doctors also recommend it for patients having depression problems.
- Good for heart
Kewra water may be used as a cardiotonic which leads to improved blood flow to all tissues of the body. It regulates heartbeat and recovers the contraction of the heart muscle.
- Control body temperature
During exercise and hot environments, it keeps the skin surface cool and normalizes body temperature of the body. It’s also very effective to induce sweating.
- Helps in stress reduction
It is very useful to prevent stress-induced disorders such as diabetes, depression, and other troubles with the digestive system. Moreover, it can also relieve anxiety issues.
- Remedies acne
Kewra water is a fantastic organic product for dry skin, eczema, and rosacea which are the main reasons for itching, and scarring on the skin. Visible lowering redness, swelling, and irritated skin problems are removed by its cooling features.
More on Kewra Water Benefits: Cleanses the pores
Due to its purifying properties, people use it to get rid of any haunting dust particles, owing to pollution and other environmental factors. Gently rubbing the face with a cotton swab ensures completely swept away of dirt from the surface of the skin.
- Revives skin cells
Kewra water is a natural toner that opens pores on the face and allows effortless absorption of nutrients that are rich in organic ingredients. For a fresh and youthful appearance, it serves its best on dull and sunken skin.
- Provides intense moisturization
Kewra water instantly hydrates dry skin. The dewiness and water content that is lost during cleansing or due to external pollutants are restocked by this water in skin cells.
- Slow down aging
It effectively eliminates the toxins and both internal and external residual pollutants. For minimizing wrinkles, fine lines, it remarkably reverses the age clock and keeps you youthful for a longer time.
Pros and Cons
For every positive product in this world, there exists a backend side effect or limitation related to that also. The same is the case for kewra water. Although disadvantages are very few, still they exist.
A few negatives of Kewra water are listed below:
- Like rosewater, its smell doesn’t suit everyone
- It is not very good in removing makeup
- It may not be easily available as it is not quite popular among people for the time being.
How to Store It?
After purchasing it, the next worry about it is how and where to store kewra water safely. Below mentioned are some tips to stock it:
- Store it in a cool dry place
- It should be stored in intact packaging
- Tightly close the cap of the bottle
Shelf life of Kewra Water
As mentioned above, its phase of flavor can be increased if stocked in a refrigerator. Normally it is best before 24 months (2 years) from the date of its manufacturing at room temperature and this time period further increases up to 3-4 years when kept in a cold place like a refrigerator.
Kewra Water Packaging
It’s available in bottle packing only. It is available throughout the year. Packaging of it is obtainable in different bottle sizes of
- 1litre and many more.
Kewra Water Price
The Kewra water price is not very high. Prices of all the above bottles are very reasonable ranging from Rs. 250 to Rs. 2000 depending upon the quantity of water.
Where to Order Kewra Water
For the time being, it is only accessible at limited departmental stores, food stores, and supermarkets. For online delivery, you can place orders on different online registered shopping marts of Pakistan like
- Daraz shopping mart
- Grocer app
- Airlift express
- Alibaba.com and many more local store
My personal experience for kewra water
I have been using Dabur kewra water for a long time. Personally, and as a regular user of it, I have not found any complaint while utilizing it. I found it best for flavoring in different biryani dishes.
Moreover, it is easy to store and is always pocket-friendly for all. Also, for restoring fine skin texture, it is probably the best ever. Whenever I feel dryness problems on my skin, this remarkable water instantly hydrates my skin.
I would also recommend you to use kewra water at least once in your lifetime as it has no complaints regarding side effects and scent issues in cooking dishes.
Check out also: Secrets of Ponds Face Wash