Ponds has newly launched oil-free moisturizers. In this article, I will be talking about this fantastic Ponds super light gel moisturizer, which recently made a comeback in my life. This oil-free moisturizer for my combination skin proves great all-time during all the humid, dry, and summer seasons. Moreover, it is lightweight in nature, so I don’t feel like having something extra applied on my face.
If you have been looking for Ponds Super Light Gel Review, then you are at the right place. Here, in this article, you will get all the necessary details as well as my honest review regarding its use and results. I hope my article will be helpful for you in making your decision final for its shopping and usage.
Ponds Super Light Gel Product description
If you are looking for a product that gives you 24 hours of moisturization, the solution is here. It is a new product named Ponds Super Light Gel which can be used in all seasons. This super-light gel moisturizer of Ponds company primarily consists of hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and Glycerin, which help the moisturizer absorb the skin much faster than other regular creams. It gives the skin 24-hours hydration that restores the moisture balance in the skin, thus keeping your skin soft, smooth, and glowing. Moreover, its unique lightweight formula absorbs into the skin in no time without having any sticky feeling, even in scorching summers, making it ideal for all seasons.
General information about Ponds Super Light Gel
- Notable Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid
- Item Form: Gel
- Brand: Ponds
- Use for: Face
- Storage Instructions: Store in a dry and cool place
- Skin Type: Normal
- Age Range: Adult
- Skin Tone: All
- Product Benefits: Vitamin, UV protection, Nourishing Moisture
Ponds Super Light Gel Ingredients
Given below is a precise list of ingredients included in the Pond super light get moisturizer.
- Butylene Glycol
- Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer
- Linoleámidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate
- Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate
- Behemoth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer
- Sodium PCA
- Disodium EDTA
- Stearic Acid
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- Tocopheryl Acetate
- Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
- Some Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid
- Pentylene Glycol
- Hexyl Cinnamal
- Ci 42090, and many more.
Superstar ingredients in ponds super light gel and their role, you need to know.
- Sodium PCA: skin-identical, humectant.
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: Humectant.
- Glycerin: skin-identical ingredient, humectant.
- Niacinamide: Skin brightening, Anti-acne, humectant.
What do they do?
It usually acts as a humectant
It is a water-soluble vitamin that helps minimize enlarged and open skin pores. In addition, it also
- helps in making the skin even tone
- reduces wrinkles
- removes fine lines
- lessens the dullness
- strengthens a weekend barrier, and many more.
- Tocopheryl Acetate
It is an extraordinary antioxidant that helps skin heal and fights free radical damages. Furthermore, it also strengthens the skin’s protective barrier and maintains its moisture content the whole day long.
- Sodium Hyaluronate and Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid
It mimics naturally produced hyaluronic acid and gives numerous moisturizing benefits to the skin. The former works at the deeper layer of skin, while the latter works at the surface level when applied.
It prevents excessive water loss from the skin and works as an occlusive. Some people may also take this ingredient as a pore-clogging item.
How to use ponds super light gel?
Starting from the center to the contours of your cleansed face, gently massage this gel with soft hands in circular movements. For getting the best results, apply it every morning and evening.
Ponds Super Light Gel Uses and Features
- It is a super lightweight gel-type moisturizer that provides long-lasting hydration to the skin.
- Being infused with moisture-boosting hyaluronic acid, it improves your skin’s natural moisture-holding capacity, making it soft and bouncy.
- It has a non-oily formula that keeps oiliness and stickiness away from your skin, keeping the skin fresh the whole day long.
- It is suitable for all skin types and seasons, even in humid and summer seasons.
- Its super lightweight and non-oily gel formula help your skin is glowing most of the day.
- Its moisturizer lasts for 24 hours.
- It instantly spreads and absorbs in the skin.
- It leaves the skin soft with a water-fresh glow and shine.
- The hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E present provide nourishing care to the skin.
- It is a dermatologist-tested gel and safe for all skin types and year-round use.
Ponds Super Light Gel Oil-Free Moisturizer Side Effects
- As it contains Stearic Acid, so it is not fungal acne safe.
- If applied in the surplus amount, it may cause excessive sweating.
- As claimed by the brand, it does not suit all skin types.
- Its fragrance may not suit individuals with nose allergies.
- It has silicon which works as an occlusive.
- It can give whiteheads for oily skins.
Pros and Cons of Ponds Super Light Gel
- Gives hydration for 3-4 hours straight after application.
- It provides an Oil-free and non-sticky look 24 hours a day.
- Do not clog your pores and cause acne; thus, keep your skin clear and smooth.
- Superb to create fabulous makeup based on almost every skin type.
- Gives a nice healthy glow to your skin.
- Comes generally at an affordable price as compared to other brands.
- It has ravel-friendly packaging.
- The gel can be stored in a small space.
- It is entirely Paraben-free.
- Has a sweet fragrance in it.
- Spreads quickly on the face evenly without any difficulty.
- Requires just half a finger of size, which is enough for the whole face.
- Has excellent ingredients like glycerin, niacinamide, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid.
- It is readily available in the local market and online at the most reasonable rates.
- Ponds is not a nastiness brand.
- People with dry skin need an extra layer of this moisturizer.
- Its moisturization does not last for 24 hours, as claimed by the brand.
- Not suitable for dry skin beauties.
- Possesses a strong fragrance that may not suit people with nose and smelling allergies.
- Hyaluronic acid in the ingredient list is not among the most active ingredients.
- To prevent moisturizer from getting a deposit in the cap, it should come with a lid instead of foil.
Ponds Super Light Gel Price and Packaging
It is available in two quantities in India. Overall, it is a pocket-friendly product. Its general prices include;
- ₹149/$1.97 for 73gms gel packing
- ₹299/$3.96 for 143gms of Ponds Super Light Gel
- Moreover, it is available on Amazon at an even lower price.
I suggest you buy its small package first to see whether it suits you or not. The small packaging comes in an aqua blue plastic tub with a silver foil. You have to peel it off for the first-time use.
Ponds Super Light Gel Review
Its sleek packaging comes with a super cute round screw lid that is easy to open, close, store, and carry around. As its consistency is slightly on the liquid side, permanently close the lid carefully to avoid any mess. All the information is written on the backside of the packaging, including the expiry date.
Ponds Super Light Gel Moisturizer comes in packing similar to aqua blue tub packaging. It has a silver foil cover that you have to peel the first time you start using it. But in my opinion, there should have an extra lid for preventing the gel moisturizer from depositing in the cap.
Texture and consistency
The texture of Ponds super light gel is a liquid type having a watery consistency but does not slip as such. Because of this texture, it absorbs into my skin super-fast without any oily feeling.
The fragrance of Ponds Super Light Gel Moisturizer
There is a bit of artificial fragrance in this gel which some people may not like. But don’t worry, it does not last long. People with sensitive skin types might skip this product due to this artificial fragrance.
I tried it by dotting a small amount of it all over the face. Then I massaged the product in circular motion gently. It immediately got absorbed in my skin without any greasy touch. Then, when I washed my face, my face instantly felt a little dry, either because of the seasonal change or my age effect. But when I massaged my skin with Pond’s Super Light Gel Moisturizer, it immediately nourished my skin and made it soft and glow again.
The consistency of this gel is runny, making it easy to apply while massaging it. It is not thick, which helps it absorb within just a few seconds. After applying, it immediately nourishes the skin, making it smooth without leaving any sticky feeling. Moreover, it is useful even in the hot, humid summer season. Its most extraordinary plus point is that it didn’t give me any breakout. It suits sensitive and acne-prone skin very well.
Furthermore, it makes my skin feel fresh without having any effect of heaviness and oily. It is an excellent gift for people who have oily skin. Additionally, it is very effective after exfoliating and masking for soothing the skin. Moreover, it is most effective for individuals having dry skin. It moisturizes their skin for about a whole day. People with dry skin enjoy this cream more than any other cream.
Does Ponds super light gel have a fragrance?
Yes, it has some artificial fragrance, which is of strong lily and Aloe vera. But it does not stay long after you apply it to your skin. However, if your skin is sensitive or you have smell allergies, it may irritate you to some extent.
How to apply It?
It is effortless to apply. You just have to take a half-finger quantity of Ponds Super light gel and apply its tiny dots on your whole face. That quantity will be more than enough for your face. Once applied the dots, gently massage them on your entire face in a circular motion.
When to use it?
- Its results are excellent on the winter dryness and summer oily skins.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Its nature is non-greasy and non – sticky
- Furthermore, it is lightweight.
- Moreover, it does not cause breakouts.
Thus, all these features prove that it can be utilized almost every day throughout the year.
Is Ponds super light gel moisturizer good for oily skin?
Yes, it is also suitable for oily skin because it is non-comedogenic and does not clog your facial pores. As a result, it does not cause acne too. In addition, it is an oil-free, water-based moisturizer that is super light on your skin. Thus, it proves excellent for individuals having oily skin.
Is Ponds Super Light Gel Non- Comedogenic?
Yes, it is non-comedogenic. That means it does not clog the facial pores and prevents the face from any breakouts and acne. That remarkable property of this gel proves it the best option for oily, dry, and acne-prone skin types.
Is Ponds Super Light Gel Paraben – Free?
Yes, it is Paraben-free. It does not hurt your skin in any case, so don’t worry and use it tension-free.
Ponds Super Light Gel Moisturizer is oil-free and contains hyaluronic acid with a unique vitamin-E combination. It also has a fresh aqua feeling and is very lightweight in nature. That is why it immediately soothes the dryness of your skin and makes it super soft and nourished.
Taking about its nature, it is non-sticky and non –oily, which makes it instantly absorbed in the skin. It is suitable for all skin types and works well on sensitive and acne-prone skin. Moreover, it leaves a glowing effect on your face. And, last but not least, it is affordable for all because of its economical price. People looking for an oil-free lightweight everyday gel moisture should try this special moisturizing gel; I am sure they will be satisfied with its results.