Indian women have a rich and varied clothing tradition that spans thousands of years. One of the most iconic pieces of Indian women’s clothing is the salwar suit, which has evolved to encompass a variety of different styles. In this blog post, we will explore some of the most popular salwar suit designs for women to guide you in shopping for your next occasion. So read on to learn more!
6 Most Popular Salwar Suit Designs
Mentioned below are the 6 types of salwar suits which are currently in vogue.
- Patiala Salwar Suits
Looking for a stylish, comfortable and traditional outfit? Then look no further than the Patiala salwar suit! This beautiful outfit originates from Punjab and is perfect for any woman who wants to feel stylish and comfortable at the same time. The Patiala salwar entails a loose, comfortable fit that follows the shape of a balloon and narrows down near the feet. This makes it perfect for any body type and ensures you’ll be able to move and dance all night long!
So if you’re looking for an outfit that is both stylish and comfortable, the Patiala salwar suit is the perfect choice for you!
- Straight Cut Salwar Suits
Introducing a comparatively new salwar suit type: straight cut pants! This style is perfect for those who desire a more relaxed and comfortable fit. They come with a long or mid-length kurta and a pair of straight-cut pants in matching or contrasting colours. They make for a truly elegant piece.
- Churidar Salwar Suits
This elegant and classy partywear salwar suit design is perfect for any formal or semi-formal occasion. The churidar pants are made of a comfortable and breathable fabric, making them perfect for any weather. They are also loose-fitting, making them extremely comfortable to wear. The salwar suit comes in a variety of colours and designs, so you can find the perfect one to match your personality and style.
- Palazzo-Style Salwar Suits
Palazzos are the trend of today. All the celebrities love to carry a palazzo as it is an elegant and classy piece set to turn heads on all occasions. If you wish to look glamorous and confident in your daily wear, or on special occasions, this is the perfect choice for you.
- Anarkali Salwar Suit
Make a fashion statement by carrying a unique Anarkali salwar suit! This flared gown is perfect for special occasions and comes in various beautiful zari and sequin work. It is a blend of traditional and modern wear and can make you rock every occasion. It can also be carried well as daily wear. It is a breezy piece that helps you stay cool and comfortable.
- Salwar Suit With Jacket
Looking for a traditional salwar suit with a modern twist? Look no further than this latest salwar suit with a jacket! This stunning outfit is perfect for parties and formal functions, as the jacket comes with heavy sequin or handwork. The jacket gives the suit a sleek, contemporary look, making it perfect for any special occasion. It makes you look well-dressed without feeling too heavy.
DIY Salwar Suit Design
If you want to look trendy and wear a completely out-of-the-box piece, you will need to design a suit for yourself by keeping in mind certain things. Mentioned below are some tips that will help you design the perfect suit for yourself.
- Select a design for the neck – The neck of the suit can change a great deal of its outlook. There are various salwar suit neck designs, such as boat-neck, collar-neck, off-shoulder neck, button-style, etc. You can either talk to your designer or your tailor to add a beautiful design to your suit to make it more appealing.
- Choose sleeves design carefully – Apart from the neck design, the design of the arms of your suit can also add a chic look to your suit. There is a wide range of designs, such as bell-sleeves, puff-sleeves, flared-sleeves, slit-sleeves, etc., which can make your suits a lot more elegant and eye-catching. Based on your suit style and shape, you can decide the design of salwar suit sleeves.
- Select the perfect bottom – There are different styles of salwars available in the market. If you want to try a new salwar suit look every day, you can change your salwar styles by altering them a bit. For eg., you can keep your salwar ankle length, or a little higher. You can make your palazzo wide or keep it a little narrow. The designs of the border of the salwar can also be altered. You can consult your designer or your tailor to know about various designs that can be created.
- Focus on the fabric – The cloth of the suit needs to be comfortable so that it does not end up causing rashes or skin problems. Based on the season, you should choose a cloth that looks fancy (for special occasions), yet feels comfortable.
- Decide the pattern – The pattern, print, and work of the suit matter a lot. For eg., today digital prints are very famous, and getting yourself a suit with a digital print will get you endlessly complimented for your fashion sense. Plain salwar suits are also in trend today. You can get salwar suits of different patterns and printed salwar suits with block print, polka dots, handwork, etc.
- Match with the perfect accessory – Whether you want to carry minimal accessories, or want to look heavily dressed up for an occasion, your accessories will play a great role in doing so. Based on the occasion and the suit style, you can add accessories to your outfit, including earrings, bangles, anklets etc., which add up to your beauty.
Salwar suit designs for girls have come a long way and the modern woman can now find many stylish and contemporary options to choose from. Whether you are looking for an elegant outfit for a formal occasion or something more casual and comfortable, there is sure to be a design that suits your needs. We hope this collection of salwar suit designs has inspired you to try something new!