Physiotherapy is the treatment where people can most of this ability function well. It helps people to come out of their pain. For example, back pain, neck pain, leg pain. It also helps a person to deal with respiratory issues, if any.
Physiotherapy is a type of health treatment that helps patients regain, maintain, and improve their strength, function, mobility, and general well-being. The phrases “physiotherapy” and “physical therapy,” as well as “physiotherapist” and “physical therapist,” denote the same thing and are interchangeable.
But due to the spread of cold worldwide, people cannot go and see a physiotherapist and get their treatment.
Telehealth physiotherapy comes as a rescue here, not for all the cases but for all of them.
Now Telehealth might not seem appropriate to many, but it is the only option left with the spreading of different viruses worldwide.
There are several models of Telehealth, namely- Hybrid Telehealth-
- Synchronous Telehealth
- Asynchronous Telehealth
- Mobile Health
- Remote patient monitoring
Listed below are a few of its benefits
Individuals can return to their previous level of functioning with the support of a specialised physical therapy programme, which encourages activities and lifestyle modifications that can help avoid additional injury and enhance overall health and well-being. Physical therapy is frequently recommended by primary care doctors at the first sign of a problem since it is considered a conservative approach to issue management.
- A person who otherwise lives in an area that is rather not developed, they will be able to reap its benefits.
- Patients and healthcare workers are now safer because of the telehealth consultation.
- Saving of time- As of now, patients are not supposed to travel to get their physiotherapy done. Travelling time has been cut down due to that.
But, there are certain disadvantages also of Telehealth consultation like –
- It gets difficult for the doctor to make decisions regarding patients who are more vulnerable than others.
- There might not be required technology with the physiotherapist to support an online physiotherapy
- Not every other healthcare has a team of technology to support the line physiotherapy
- There nights be certain other problems like that of a language barrier between the patient and the doctor
- Everybody does not have access to the internet
Not only this, the staff members are properly trained to impart telehealth physiotherapy to the patient. On the other hand, both parties need to be cautious about whether it is recognised by the health insurer. All the countries have different rules for providing telehealth consultation to patients, and it is the responsibility of every person to not violate any of them.
Although telehealth consultation will be able to replace going to the healthcare centre and getting treated, for the sake of the safety of both parties, telehealth physiotherapy should take place. Since everything has come on digital platforms now, how can the healthcare sector take a back foot? The Healthcare sector is considered as one the most important of all.